Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Soup, Chopped Salad, and Granny's Hurry-up Dinner Rolls



The soup is left over Not-Chick’n Noodle Soup with a half cup of cooked white beans added.

John reminded me last week that we haven't made chopped salad for so long. I think since we lived in Florida! The method is really easy, just chop everything up into little bits. It doesn't seem like it would make that big of a difference, but it really does! The flavors mesh together in such interesting ways. Here is a before with the lettuce.



And an after!



I also added kalamata olives, sunflower seeds (they are already small enough, no chopping needed!), and a cooked beet. The dressing is the leftover marinade from the Marinated Italian tofu I made for my 2 year vegan anniversary a few days ago. There wasn't enough for another block of tofu, but plenty to dress a salad!

My favorite part of the meal, I have to admit a lot because of the fun name, was the rolls. I just googled dinner rolls and this recipe had so many positive comments. They were fast and easy, included simple ingredients, and yes, I added the butter to the top before baking!

No comments: