Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Gnocchi with Roasted Pepper Cream Sauce and Brussels Sprouts



I needed something yum to use up the leftover Roasted Pepper Cream Sauce that I made for the tortellini/ravioli a few days ago.

John and I used to eat at a restaurant in Tampa called The Laughing Cat. They are not vegan but this was when I was not vegan either. They had the most amazing gnocchi and cream sauces but I think our meal tonight could compete!

Here is the recipe I followed. I only made a half batch and it was perfect for two people. Here are the gnocchi pre-boiled.



This was my first attempt at gnocchi and I am amazed at how easy it was! I can't wait to try it with sweet potatoes. One thing to note, do not overcook! The first batch turned out perfectly. The second, I let sit in the boiling water a bit longer than the first and it all started to break apart and get very mushy. They cook very quickly. Take them out when they start to float.



On the side, brussels sprouts. John noted this was my best batch ever and that says something because we LOVE brussels sprouts. I pour a combo of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, salt and pepper on top and bake at 375 for about 45 minutes. They absorb the balsamic vinegar and get really crispy on the outside. Heaven!

No comments: