Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies


John is home sick today. He is actually not one of those seriously annoying people when sick, so I enjoy taking care of him! I asked him what he wanted and his response was cookies. Normally, he gets a little hissy when I bake too much because he claims I am responsible for his little, protruding belly. So, when requested by him to bake something, I get really excited! I have made this chocolate chip cookie recipe many times before and have never had it fail. This time, I substituted 1/4 cup of the flour with this dry oatmeal/flax seed granola mixture. I originally bought it to make granola cereal but haven't been doing that much lately. I used pecans for the nuts and chopped a bitter sweet chocolate candy bar (80% cacao) into chunks. I ran out of liquid vanilla so I substituted it with Vanille Zucker (sugar soaked in vanilla beans). Here is a picture below that also includes the egg replacement that I use.

No comments: